Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Role

It's been a mixed past week. And it ended in a very mixed way too. After the bizarre cancellation of club event, to firing from team, due to lack of balance of two equal passions, as a blessing in disguise I felt how it is to be something like a coach to a basketball team. The experience was enthralling. Although it didn't finish in the best possible manner, the whole feeling associated with the job was good. When it came to calling the plays, I was not very much involved, thanks to a certain national player on the team and a few others who are sound with the game and have practised more together. The important job was to call the necessary timeouts and make substitutions if need be. Keeping the guys updated about the scores and time situation was also an important part of the job. The feel this gave was simply amazing. I believing in giving back to whatever makes you a better person, and this just increased the want that I already had to get to Basketball coaching at some later point of my life. Today, after the players I had almost as big a responsibility, for one I had to choose the replacement for the injured national player, apart from the above mentioned jobs, but nevertheless this was a challenge, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The sad part is that we lost, but it's just our first tournament and we obviously will improve by a huge margin. Huge trophy, team photo session and Akshaya dinner was nicely rounded up by a truly amazing truck ride back to college, thus ending this very bittersweet week.

No comments: