Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Be Brave. Be Dave.

Last evening something really shocking, fearfully shocking happened. When a friend called asked me if had heard about what happened to Dave, I panicked. After a series of phone calls I found out what exactly had happened. As dramatic as it may sound, this was the story. Dave went outside college to a nearby store to get a recharge and he heard a lady scream. He went to see what it was and saw to his disbelief that there were three guys on the verge of sinning. Instinctly he picked up whatever was next to him and tried to hit them. Meanwhile the lady runs away, and the gang in disgust sways their knives in random directions causing random cuts on Dave's body. He somehow escapes the scene and his truly wonderful friends take him to hospital to get the necessary treatment. What I would like to stress upon here is that, any of us would have normally just run from the situation, but this guy, potentially put his life on stake to perform the rescue act for a lady who he has never seen. Some of his wing mates called it foolishness, I would like to interpret it otherwise. It's courageous. It's manly. It's what someone who goes by heart and not his mind does. And that is the perfect description of Dave. I don't know if I would have done the same. I would have probably run away, and I'm sure many others I know would have done the same. But thank God for people like him. As some sort of consolations, the wounds are barely serious. But what matters is that he did what he thought was right. Be Brave. Be Dave. Get well soon mate.

1 comment:

Srav said...

Whoa!! How is he??? Is he better??? hey can u give me his no? and nice post!