Tuesday, November 18, 2008

King James

I've been watching a lot of NBA Highlights lately, and sort of got my inspiration for this post. It's been a while since the league has seen a god-like figure. Bird, Magic, Jordan, are all of a by-gone era. It's high time there was some one of that calibre, someone that the kids of the present generation can look up to. There have been critics who say that the face of the game is changing, there isn't much you can do individually, showboating with the dunks etc. Agreed, but games do evolve and let's face it, this is the new phase of basketball. I'm not sure you can have the Stockton kind of players anymore in today's game. Coming down to what I really wanted to write about, is that idol that I mentioned earlier. Le Bron James, often referred to, aptly I might add, as King James, is that guy. Before you jump at me saying what has he done yet, I want to say that even the great Jordan won his titles only after 6-7 years of playing. There is a transition a player has to make from college to NBA, and James directly jumped from High School to the NBA. At 6 foot 9 inches, with his swiftness, he's a monster. Time and time again, he has 40 point games, where he single handedly carries his team to victories. His effectiveness has increased, he makes his teammates play, he's blossoming into the player that will take him to the Bird, Jordan league. He's supposedly pretty down to earth also, according to what I've read, and if so, has that class that the greats of every game do. This year he has got a decent team to back him up with the addition of Wallace, and his teammates are improving their effectiveness too. At this rate, I'd back them for a good run this season. May he start winning championships, and truly show everyone in the basketball world that he does belong amongst the greatest of the greats.

1 comment:

Dr. Flycatcher said...

Awesome player. Should definitely reach Jordan status in time coming. I like how he respects Penny Hardaway. Penny was one helluva player. Good to see that he hasn't gone unnoticed. James' knows his shit on and off the court.